10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

10:53 PM

Sadly, this is about the only snow we've had so far this winter!


Long time no see! I hit a bit of a blogging lull coinciding with the holidays, then had a very busy few weeks with family recently. I've loved reading everyone's "facts about me" posts on Instagram and blogs that I read, so I'm jumping back into today with my own answers...

1: I have a pretty bad habit of only buying anything navy, white, reddish pink, or with lace when I’m shopping for clothes. Seriously- give me about half an hour in any store and I’ll probably inadvertently pick something from one of those categories.

2: I have a bit of a ridiculous memory- once in a while I’ll mention something to a friend or family member that doesn’t seem too out of the ordinary of a memory to me, but is actually some small, typically forgotten detail from something years ago.

3: One of my favorite things about living on the east coast is (surprisingly) the weather- I love having four seasons and a variety of weather, even if the Mid-Atlantic is usually ridiculously unpredictable!

4: I really don’t enjoy cooking, and don’t consider myself particularly skilled at it, but I can manage to make some pretty good baked goods!

5: I’m of Irish and Swedish descent- my maternal grandfather’s whole family was Swedish, and both of my parents have ancestry from different parts of Ireland. And yes, it was pretty funny seeing myself blend in easily during my semester abroad in Galway!

6: I’m nearly 5’10”, but I’m one of the shorter members of my family, and on my way to being the shortest grandchild on my Mom’s side- my older brother and 17 and 18 year old cousins have passed me, and I’m convinced that my 6 year old cousin’s legs were dragging the ground when I picked her up to say goodbye a few weeks ago!

7: I love languages, and would love to add more to my repertoire, but I cannot roll my Rs…. at all. At one point, a friend from college tried to teach me how, and basically declared it a lost cause.

8: Despite my 15 years of ballet training, I am absolutely terrible at dancing “normally” in any social situation. Actually, that’s probably because of my years as a ballet student.

9: Adding to #8, I’m actually pretty clumsy- I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have some sort of bruise or scrape somewhere on my body!

10: I’m a shameless period drama junkie- starting with Little House on the Prairie and A Little Princess when I was young, and I got hooked on Downton Abbey about two years ago while I was abroad. Other favorites? Poldark, A Testament of Youth, and of course- The Crown.

I hope everyone has a great week, and an easy Monday!

XOXO, Emily


You Might Also Like

0 comments