Fall Favorites

11:47 PM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




 It's no secret that Fall gets a lot of attention from all sorts of blogs and social media outlets- who doesn't love a good selection of autumnal foliage and a plethora of cool weather outfits to pick from? Well, that hasn't quite been a reality this year in the DMV- of course the leaves have changed and fallen, daylight savings took effect, but as I type this, it's just reached 60 degrees outside! I blame global warning....

On a happier note, even if we aren't experiencing a "true" Fall at the moment, I can still share some of my most recent favorites in fashion, beauty, reading, and binge watching:

- Finding riding boots to that are both narrow enough in the calf and tall enough for me isn't easy, and I was initially disappointed by these boots last year when they tore up my heels after about an hour of walking. This year, they've finally broken in enough to wear frequently without any discomfort.

- Christmas shopping with my Mom led me to grab Vice President Joe Biden's new book, and based on the reviews and excerpts I've seen, I fully expect it to be a (incredibly poignant) tearjerker- foreign policy and the personal story of a prominent family facing tragedy? Just hand me the tissues already. Since I can't read it until Christmas, I've been enjoying The Dressmaker, an easier historical fiction read that was great to have on my recent trip to the beach.

- Who else watches This Is Us? I've found some of the characters and storylines slightly frustrating this season, but I've loved the recent episodes showing more of Kate and Kevin's backgrounds. I'm excited to see Randall's episode for tonight's fall finale- he might be my favorite of the "Big Three"!

- Although it hasn't been particularly cold here, the humidity has dropped, and I decided to try this version of Lancôme moisturizer which so far is helping me avoid dry skin- bonus points for not causing any sort of irritation.

- Finally, my picks for Giving Tuesday- The Malala FundSave the Children- an organization I had the opportunity to work with as an intern, and the Syrian American Medical Society, recently featured on 60 Minutes.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends!

Follow me on:
Instagram Tumblr Twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments