Thursday Thoughts

12:00 PM

In honor of the UN General Assembly last week- a throwback to my last day as a diplomat in training :)

Happy (almost) Friday! It's still hot on the east coast- almost ridiculously so, to be honest- so I'm spending my free time preparing for my next French immersion class, catching up on some TV, and doing a little online window shopping in hopes of cooler weather!

A few of my current favorite (and pretty random...) links around the web...

The best $15 I've spent this week: you probably need this brush! I have pretty dry hair, and I've been impressed so far at how well this brush helps keep my hair's natural oils distributed throughout its length, especially when used before going to bed.

The post-grad struggle, summarized by tumblr: I'll be honest, I complain about life post-graduation and the ever-frustrating job hunt quite a bit. On a daily basis, I find it hard to remember that I'm one of many recent grads to be experiencing the same frustrations and challenges- articles like these bring a little humor into #TheStruggle of being a young 20-something!

One of my favorite parts of my stint in New York, any of the cities I've lived in and visited, was experiencing  the rich history all around me. This website allows you to pick a location in New York and view a library of old photos taken in that location, some dating back to 1800. I found my old address on the map, and parts of Madison and 5th Avenues and Central Park certainly looked a bit different 100 years ago!

Speaking of cooler weather, my favorite Wool Sidewalk Skirts are back at J Crew Factory. I love pairing these with tights and boots through the late fall and winter, and with Jacks into the spring. I love the cabernet color linked above, but I'm also debating whether I can pull off this one without looking like I'm wearing a school uniform ;) This style in navy looks cute as well!

Real talk: I've dealt with chronic anxiety since I was pretty young. As much of an obstacle as it can be in many aspects of my life, it really is just part of who I am. I'm more than happy to see anxiety disorders gaining more mainstream exposure, like this interview with Emma Stone about her experience growing up with anxiety!

And finally, 24 frustrating things that happened on Gilmore Girls. Like many people my age, I'm a big Gilmore Girls fan- I binge-watched the full series a few years ago with my Mom, and of course saw the revival most recently. I *think* I'm still #TeamLogan. But this article makes some good points. I was annoyed with Rory's temporary dropping out of Yale, and Lorelei and Christopher's whole saga just complicated things. It's still one of my favorite shows, but I have to strongly agree with this: Lane belonged with Dave. Just saying ;)

Have a great weekend, and last few days of September!

XOXO,
Emily

Insta Tumblr Twitter




You Might Also Like

0 comments