Photo Diary: A Day in Georgetown

12:00 PM

*I've been inspired by my friend Katina at Lost & Found in the City to start writing quick photo-diary style posts recapping whatever recent photos I find on my camera roll while I'm out and about. This is my first time posting something a little less structured, but I hope you enjoy these little peeks into whatever catches my eye*

If you've grown up outside of a city that can be considered a tourism or vacation destination, you've likely experienced the phenomenon of never seeming to visit more popular locations that are really only a quick trip away. Really- when was the last time I visited the Washington Monument, the Inner Harbor, or some of the Smithsonian museums?? So when my friend Roxy mentioned she was visiting her friend in DC, I jumped at the chance to make the trip into the city and spend the day in Georgetown.

It's easy to see why Georgetown is such a frequently instagram-ed neighborhood- the historic buildings,well-known townhouses, busy shopping areas, and quaint side streets are enough to make anyone, tourist or local, pull out their phone and start snapping! Not to mention my panic excitement over the close proximity to my dream grad school- but that's another post!

Someday, I would love to live in this beautiful corner of Washington DC, something that hopefully, isn't too far from reach! But for now, I was happy to spend a breezy day exploring with friends, doing a bit of shopping, and enjoying iced coffee outside on the patio.

If you're in the DC area, and it isn't too hot, take the time to walk beyond the Metro line and check out Georgetown- more than just instagrammable ;)










If you liked this little photo diary style post, leave me a comment, and follow me on InstagramTwitter, and Tumblr :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments