Currently....

8:14 PM

A very belated happy 4th to any other Americans reading this! I hope you enjoyed cookouts, time with friends and family, and fireworks... because it was 70 degrees and raining here!

This certainly isn't the first time we've had a rainy 4th of July. It always seems like every year, it's either very hot, too humid, or rainy... or a combination of any of those options. So this year's fireworks were viewed through my TV, rather than heading off to see any- makes me miss the days of spending 4th of July working at camp, where we could watch fireworks right on the lake!

Summer 2016 has been pretty quiet recently, I can't believe it's already mid-July. My first two Summer courses are finished, so I've been doing some babysitting in addition to work, and just enjoying having a more relaxed schedule, before beginning what is (hopefully!!) my final undergraduate course today- cross your fingers and say a prayer that all my requirements and study abroad credits line up correctly!

Since I've had more time for writing and some "normal", non-academic or work related hobbies, I thought I'd share some of my current favorites and recent obsessions.

Currently Reading....



Taking Sides by Brian Gallagher

Okay, so this is a young adult book. At first I felt pretty weird reading a book from a category I've obviously aged out of, but I picked this up when my brother and I were browsing Galway's oldest bookstore, Charlie Byrne's Bookshop, and so far, I love it. A good combination of real events and fiction taking place in politically and socially eventful 1920s Ireland. Because of it's intended audience, it's definitely an easier read, but that's a nice change from intense assigned readings!

Currently Wearing...



NARS Lip Crayon in Rikugien and Essie Vanity Fairest

I love wearing makeup, but I'm not exactly a risk taker- I usually stick to the same eyeshadows, mascara, and powder! But right now, work has me spending a lot of time in a polo shirt and shorts, soooo I've been more inclined to change things up a little. (Thanks, Sephora birthday rewards!) And of course, being on a "break" between Summer classes gives me more time to just hang around with Netflix and nail polish- one of my current favorites.

Currently Watching.....


Downton Abbey- Season 6

Yep, finally catching up with the rest of the world! I was probably the last person on the planet to start Downton- I'd seen lots of spoilers, but I still got hooked a few months ago. Honestly, It should've happened earlier- a good period drama, some romance, and amazing costumes, need I say more? I devoured seasons 1-5, but put off starting season 6 because I'm kind of dreading it all ending..... but I'm also overly excited for the return of Tom Branson in a few episodes. Just a little bit. Maybe ;)

Currently Traveling...

...Nowhere ;) I had a great time at Hershey Park with some good friends a few weeks ago, but other than that, it looks like I'll be staying out for a while! Europe really, really spoiled me too much, and now more than ever, I find new places that I wish I could just jet off to... more for the future, hopefully!

And some fun tidbits from around the web...

Easy (and delicious!) S'mores Dip- I made this recently and it turned out great, perfect for s'mores without a campfire ;)

"Florals, for Spring? Groundbreaking." The Devil Wears Prada turned 10 this year- this quiz highlights some of the movie's most notorious moments. I scored 11/13, not bad!

Elie Saab features girls-sized versions of Fall 2016 Couture gowns at Paris fashion week. Absolutely adorable... and I may be just a tiny bit jealous! 

Just a little look into life lately, leave me a comment if you'd like and follow me on:


Until next time,
XOXO Emily






You Might Also Like

0 comments