Weekly Wonders

1:23 PM

I'm back! It's been quite the few weeks here, and I've survived some bad migraine days- time to play catch-up!

The NUIG French Society has been an amazing way to meet some great people, practice some French, and just have a great time in Galway. I worked on the costume and makeup crew backstage at FrenchSoc's production of Volia, Olivia!- a bilingual play that's a bit of a parody of Galway and Paris, written by our amazing director, Alex!



We sold out both shows, and everyone did an amazing job. Not bad for a production put together in less than two months from start to finish! And of course, I was just happy to be around a theater again!

Then, of course, I experienced a real St. Patrick's Day, Galway style, with a few friends to show me how it goes over here:


I spent my first Easter away from home:

Yup, just reposted my own Instagram picture in a blog post. Oh well..

Current favorites...


Before starting this semester, I hadn't regularly used instant coffee- I've been spoiled with my Keurig privileges at home and school! But over here, it's instant or purchased- we don't have a coffee maker in our apartment. I obviously don't have one of these every day- but it's nice to have in my cupboard, when I need a typical "American" cup of coffee.


Batiste dry shampoo- I'm pretty sure this can be found in the US, but it's not cheap, and with dry hair, I've used my fair share of dry shampoos. Since Batiste is a British brand, a 7 ounce bottle is only a few euros over here. I like the original and light and breezy scents- good results, no overpowering scent!


MAC eyeshadow in Sable- this is by no means a recent favorite, but still great. Simple but useful. I like wearing makeup, but I'm pretty boring- this is one of my top three eyeshadows that I use constantly. A little goes a long way too- I've had this one for over a year!

From around the web:

Prince Harry And Babies- A compilation of Prince Harry with adorable babies on various occasions. Maybe a good study break? :)

In the news- Syria Before the War. Syria's civil war and the resulting refugee crisis have been topics of study since I began college. Now, in my final year, that hasn't changed. This article looks back to the vibrant culture and extensive history of the country- something I hope is never forgotten in the wake of the conflict and tragedy.

Just for fun- When anyone asks me to describe Ireland, I'm just going to send them the link to this book. Yes, it actually exists. And I'm pretty sure my best friend is expecting a copy when I come home!

Until next time,
XOXO,
Emily












You Might Also Like

0 comments