Weekly Wonders

6:58 PM

"I'm going to try to write some sort of post every day." -Emily Love, February 2016

Riigghht. It turns out that despite how much I have to say sometimes, writer's block, indecisiveness, and technical issues can still get in the way. 

Moving on, here's a bit of a round up of what I've been up to recently, current obsessions, and some of my current favorite internet findings...

Easing a little dog separation anxiety with rescue puppies on campus:
Luckily, I had a long break between classes, and not a lot of work to finish, so I was (crazily?) happy to spend 90 minutes in line to cuddle this tired little guy. Worth it? Absolutely! :)

Some friends and I went on a weekend trip to Cork through NUIG's international student network:
Just a little teaser of that weekend- full post on Cork and Blarney Castle coming soon!


Current favorites...

The return of these boots:
At home I live in my riding boots, but over here everyone wears short boots for the most part. I dug these out, and I'm glad I brought them- cute, comfortable for walking around Galway, and they can stand up to some puddles and daily rain showers.

*Disclaimer: I took this picture on a whim at the bus stop. Please excuse the *ahem*, less than scenic background. I know, I know, blog aesthetic and all.. didn't happen this time.

This nail polish: 

Essie- Lilacism

I fit three bottles of nail polish into my suitcase, and this Essie shade from my Christmas stocking made the cut. The perfect lilac color for pretending it's Spring :)


Origins' GinZing Eye Cream:
I spend a lot of time walking in the wind and cold rain here, and Ireland's climate, despite being damp and humid, has me reaching for my moisturizers.

Around the web:

In need of something cute? This veterinary surgical assistant comforts a puppy after surgery. Bonus, this video was taken at a rescue organization in my home state!

The best dresses of this year's Oscars. An eight hour time difference kept me from watching the Oscars this year, but I've caught up on some of the best moments, and of course, the dresses! (Also, congrats Leo, it's about time ;)

Refugee girls dress up for their future careers. As part of the International Rescue Committee's Vision Not Victim project, photographer Meredith Hutchinson photographed young girls in refugee camps in Jordan, posing as what career they'd like to have as adults. Nothing but hope for these girls.


I'm going to try to finish blogging my trip to Cork soon- the whole weekend might need a two part post. Blarney Castle and St. Finn Barre's require lots of pictures!

XOXO,
Emily





You Might Also Like

0 comments