Travel Dreams: 30 Before 30?

10:00 AM



Oh, social media... what would we all do without the ability to see exactly what friends (and strangers) are doing on a daily basis? ;)

No matter how simultaneously rewarding and frustrating it can be having social media so embedded in our daily lives, there is certainly one benefit: the ability to mentally "visit" anywhere you can think of.

Scrolling through Facebook, I would occasionally notice pictures posted by an acquaintance I'd met through Model UN. While admiring his pictures of the multitude of European cities he was visiting, I noticed he would always include a particular hashtag with each picture and "check in": #30Before30

As it turns out, this was in reference to his goal of visiting 30 countries before he turned 30- pretty cool, right? Of course, I immediately started thinking about all the different places I'm anxious to visit!

I should mention that aforementioned acquaintance happened to being enrolled in grad school in Italy, making short trips to multiple countries a lot more realistic!

So I did a little more research, and apparently, this is much more of a thing than I realized- countless people are sharing their experiences online, including this blog feature and 30xTHIRTY- a whole community of 20-somethings attempting #30Before30!

I don't necessarily have a travel bucket list to speak of, aside from visiting every country in Europe at some point. I know.... good luck with that one, Emily! ;) I'm 24 now, and I've visited six countries in Europe and North America- experiences that I'll always be grateful for! I'm not sure I'll be able to visit 24 more countries in six years- but for now, it's something to work towards!

Do you have any travel bucket list items, or number of new places you'd like to experience? Leave me a comment with your favorite travel experiences :)

Hope you have a great week!
Emily

Instagram Twitter Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments