Au Revoir, Undergrad!

10:30 PM

Long time no see- I hope that everyone who's stuck with this tiny little blog of mine had an amazing holiday season and a happy new year! The past few weeks have been more than a little hectic with final papers, nerve-wracking exams, and of course, keeping up with Christmas shopping and decorating.

Finally, my fog of comparative foreign policy and human rights law cleared, and.....


I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs and a minor in French!


December graduation is a little crazy at my university- I turned in my last final paper on the 18th, and graduation was held on the 22nd, right before Christmas! 


My department is on the small side to begin with, and there were only six of us graduating in December. Most of us have had several of the same classes together over the last few years, and we've all studied abroad in different parts of the world, so it was great to catch up with everyone and sit together during the ceremony.


After we crossed the stage, our departmental director, who is also my academic advisor, hugged all of us as we walked back to our row in the auditorium. You know that professor who you might have every semester, whose classes cause you major stress, you're a little scared of, but who really teaches you so much? That's definitely Dr. S! I'm grateful for her classes, and all of the faculty that pushed my classmates and I every day to prepare us for grad school and our future careers.


And of course, there's my family, who had to deal with me whenever I was stressed out over a paper, and evidently, are incapable of taking a good picture.... seriously, we took about five, and this is the best one. Sorry, Mom, Dad, and Brennan!



All of those classes, papers, Model UN conferences, and a semester abroad. Undergrad? Check!

And the best way to celebrate graduating? Finally taking some time to catch up on my favorite shows (Poldark, anyone? I'm hooked!) and reading actual books (remember those?) before I'm completely immersed in internship and job applications and the possibility of....

*gulp*

...grad school!
(More on that later!)

So long, 2016!

XOXO,
Emily











You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Congrats Emily! I love how you decorated your cap, and I can't wait to see what your future has in store for you! (And I promise — grad school isn't THAT scary. ;) )
    Randi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow just saw your comment- Thank you so much! I think I'm actually more scared of applying/getting into grad school than I am of the actual work, haha. I just accepted an internship in New York (WHAT?) so I'll be living there for a few months- I'm not quite sure what to expect and I don't actually know where I'll be living yet, so it should be interesting!

      Delete